Date: September 29, October 7, 2021
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm IST (both days)
Centre for Policy Research (CPR), Prayas (Energy Group) (PEG), and the Oxford India Centre for Sustainable Development (OICSD), University of Oxford have been holding annual roundtable discussions on India’s residential electricity consumption for the last three years. hese discussions aim to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners working on residential electricity demand to substantively share recently completed and on-going work as well as discuss challenges and future directions. This year the discussions will focus on two themes:
Day 1: 29th September, 2021, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (IST)
Theme: What drives India's rural residential electricity demand?
- Shonali Pachauri, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- Namrata Chindarkar, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Samit Mitra, Smart Power India
Day 2: 7th October, 2021, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (IST)
Theme: Opportunities for Demand Response in Indian homes
- Philipp Grunewald, University of Oxford
- Vishal Garg, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad
- Andrew Peacock, Heriot-Watt University
Detailed agenda of the roundtable is available here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Anna Agarwal (